Lake Gibson High School has a tardy policy that all students will adhere to. The first bell rings at 6:50 a.m. to signal the students to head to the first period. The students are tardy at 7:00 a.m. The announcements and the pledge start promptly at 7:00 a.m. We have designated the first 10 minutes of the first period (homeroom) for announcements and the pledge. However, the students MUST be in their classrooms by 7:00 a.m. sharp! All tardy students MUST report to the learning center for that specified period if they are tardy. The students have 10 minutes to report to 2nd period after the first period is dismissed at 7:58 a.m. Between 2nd – 7th periods the students have 6 minutes to transition to their classes. If any student is tardy they will report to the learning center for that period. After four visits to the learning center, the student will receive a referral for excessive tardiness.
Dress Code Policy
- School ID’s (must be worn at all times) on lanyards around the neck (District Policy).
- No bandanas, do-rags, hats, headbands, or any covering on the head are allowed during the school day. No hoods can be worn on campus during school hours.
- Pants and shorts shall be worn so that the waistband is worn at the waist and not below the waist. No holes or frays are allowed.
- Shorts/skirts/dresses are to be worn at the knee all the way around. Shirts or skirts can not be skin tight. No trench coats can be worn.
- No clothing that exposes inappropriate body parts and/or undergarments.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops, or crop tops are allowed.
- All shirts must have sleeves and can not expose shoulders.
- No clothing associated with gangs, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or violence.
- No tights, spandex, or yoga pants unless covered to the knee all the way around with an over the garment. No mesh shirts, sleepwear, blankets, or bedroom slippers.
Check Out Policy
A student will not be allowed to leave school without proper authorization.
Individuals authorized to check students out of school must report to the school’s attendance office. Everyone must present picture identification (valid state driver license, state identification card, U.S. military identification card, passport).
School personnel must rely on the information recorded on the emergency information card at the time of enrollment unless otherwise properly notified.