Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is the largest student business organization in the country with over 250,000 members. In Florida, FBLA functions as an integral part of the instructional program of the business education program in secondary schools.
The driving goal of FBLA is to train future business leaders to be contributing members of society. Members benefit from leadership training, contacts made through networking, and opportunities to apply their knowledge through business-related activities.
This organization provides students with the opportunity to apply their classroom instruction in business practices and procedures to leadership development activities and competitive event experiences. The purpose of our organization is to: “…provide, as an integral part of the instructional program, additional opportunities for secondary students to develop vocational and career supportive competencies and to promote civic and personal responsibility.”
It doesn’t matter what you want to do in life, FBLA provides opportunities for members to succeed and be their absolute best.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.